The ETL Architect will be responsible for driving the overall design and determining the ETL architecture necessary for the Data Engineering Team to replace legacy systems.
The role involves all aspects of the project life cycle from inception to implementation and support. This role works with Data Architecture team and takes a lead in understanding the department’s vision and implementation of the same for replacement programme. The Informatica Architect will drive the development of best practices for the ETL architecture and mentor developers, analysts and other members of the team.
The Informatica Architect must be an energetic and accomplished individual with a strong technology and solution delivery acumen who will be accountable for the successful design, development, and delivery of business intelligence solutions.
As an Informatica Architect you will:
- Lead and guide an Informatica based ETL architecture to handle complex business rules while balancing the fulfilment of stringent performance requirements.
- Works with data services team, data architecture team and external stakeholders to determine a solution that will integrate with existing data assets, review prototypes and develop iterative revisions.
- Responsible for leading the design of prototypes and determining final design to ensure alignment with department’s Architecture guidelines.
- Conduct impact assessment with business in order and determine high level design and size of effort based on requirements.
- Drive design and determine the ETL requirements for BI projects.
- Partners with ETL Lead and supports ETL Lead and ETL developers through the development of complex ETL routines to load a dimensional star schema (and supporting layers) and develops error handling processes.
- Define the standards, processes and the best practices to be followed for the deliverables
- Certify design of solution and production of all design phase deliverables.
- Manage build phase and quality assurance of code to ensure fulfilling requirements and adhering to ETL architecture.
- Resolve difficult design and development issues.
- Overall experience of 10+ years with Informatica (must have worked on PowerCenter, Web Services, B2B and related modules)
- Experience in the role of a Business Partner – demonstrates customer focus and has knowledge or can quickly gain knowledge of products, functional and operational processes, business and technical systems
- Hands on experience on Web Services, Java API development and Integration.
- Hands on experience on Cloud (Azure/AWS) and No SQL Databases is required.
- Applicable knowledge of the technologies used by the team.
- Ability to manage and make decisions about competing priorities and resources.
- Ability to delegate where appropriate.
- Must be a strong team player/leader.
- Strong oral written and interpersonal skills for interacting and throughout all levels of the organization.
- Ability to clearly communicate complex business problems and technical solutions.